No, not kind of 4X4! I’m talking about the latest meme that’s making the rounds of the blogosphere. Peter Kim started it, adopted from an e-mail that he received. He tagged Becky Carroll and she tagged me. As Peter explained it on his blog, the original e-mail asked that you describe four things about yourself for each of nine categories. Peter (thankfully) reduced the requirement to four categories, although you can pick from all nine. So here goes….
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
- Busboy ==> Waiter: First real job. Family friend owned a restaurant. I worked Saturday’s lunch and prep for dinner.
- Pharmacists Assistant: Way back when I thought I wanted to be a Pharmacist. Working for one made me realize that was going to be a bad choice for me.
- Professional Musician: I still play professionally on weekends.
- Programmer (oldschool – HP3000 – Pascal)
Four Music Artists I’m Listening To Now:
Four Places I’ve Been:
- Kona, Hawaii: Stayed at the Kona Village Resort back in 1996. Steve Jobs was staying in the hut next to me.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: First stop on a European tour for a multi-state choral group that I participated in before my last year of high school.
- Barrie, Ontario: visited several times for work.
- Bald Head Island, NC: A favorite vacation spot.
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:
- Walt Disney World – Won’t have to wait long. Going next month.
- New York City – Won’t have to wait long for this either. Have you heard about Blogger Social?
- Duck, NC – Another favorite vacation spot.
- Home – This is really my first choice. A while back, I asked a consultant friend who travels all over the world what his favorite place was. “Home” he replied. Now that I’m consulting, I understand.
In addition to the four categories that I used, you can also choose from:
- People who email me regularly
- TV shows I DVR
- People I think will respond
- Favorite foods
- Things I look forward to this year